Saturday, March 22, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
That bad, huh?
Yeah… I’ve been on a bit of a plateau myself, lately. You may have been noticing that that runner wasn’t moving much on my ticker at the right… I didn’t have the courage to move her BACKWARDS! I was below 200 for a day or two and then back above and up and down between 200 and 205-ish for almost 6 weeks. It was pretty discouraging.
But – I kept at the exercise and portion control and FINALLY, in the last 3 days, I’m losing again. But – I’m only losing weight – NOT inches! Well – not any significant inches. I weighed and measured tonight and I’m down 3.2 pounds, but I’ve only had a net 1-inch loss since 1 month ago. I lost another .25 on my bust, .5 on my waist, 1 inch on my lower abs, .25 off each arm, and the rest stayed the same or fluxed up a quarter of an inch or so. For all that work to only lose 1 inch in a month is not making my trips to the elliptical that inspiring. I just keep telling myself the inches must be coming off in places I can’t measure – like my “back hump”.
Something needs to shake up this body of mine if I’m going to meet my 40th birthday goal, and I’d like to inspire you to shake up yours as well! So I have a challenge for you. This is going to be a pretty long post… but hang in there for me…
Two days ago I received an e-mail from http://t-tapp.com/ regarding the T-Tapp 60-Day Challenge contest. If you've never heard of Teresa Tapp you need to check out the website - seriously... just go do it! There are a buncha testimonials, before and after stories and photos, demos and “try before you buy” downloads. She's a very knowledgeable lady and has gotten lots of public praise and recognition in books (written by others) and fitness and other magazines for her fantastic viewpoint on fitness and how to get there fast (and really...easily). This is the lady the super models use to get them back in Victoria’s Secret runway shape 6 weeks after they have a baby… I have used her exercise system before and seen it work remarkably fast to reduce inches and rev up my metabolism. Even after I quit doing the workouts (because company came to visit and I didn’t want to exercise in front of them in my living room…) I continued to lose inches for 3 more weeks. In fact – at the end of those 3 weeks I was the “smallest” I’ve been since I started having babies almost 11 years ago. Right now I’m almost 5 pounds from that weight. I know they say losing the baby weight is tough – but 11 years is ridiculous don’t you think??? (I’m working to get the rest of this “baby weight” off before my first baby reaches age 11 in mid July… That’s 21 more pounds to my "pre-pregnancy(s) weight.)
In 2006, ABC television did a 1-month challenge just doing the T-Tapp 15-Minute Basic Workout Plus routine every other day. The average loss was 1 clothing size!! EVERY OTHER day for 15 minutes!! Can you DO that???
Here’s the deal. The 60-Day Challenge contest begins on April 11 and ends June 11. That’s just over 3 weeks away. You don’t HAVE to enter the official contest – but I’d like you to at least PRETEND that you’re entering the contest and do all of the “before, during and after” photos and measurements as requested – following the contest rules that are at this link. You don’t have to share them with me or anyone else (unless you’d like to) but you should take them for your own motivation. It’s really helpful to have photos to compare – as you lose slowly it’s hard to really SEE it in the mirror sometimes. Photos give you that perspective you need for encouragement. Of course, looser clothing is motivating as well...
You don’t have to be morbidly obese (like I was) to qualify for this contest/challenge – you can just get healthier, or firm up too. Believe me…you can’t help but firm up. You’ll notice a difference FAST. With Teresa's workouts you can even "spot reduce" (that mythical weightloss dream...) This is open to older folks that have more difficulty moving, men and young people as well. (Note that Teresa has developed workouts for those needing rehabilitation after injury, and those with limited range of motion due to arthritis, back and knee troubles, and just plain gettin’ old. In addition to the “chair” and “broom support” workouts, there are closed captioned and deaf interpreter workouts also.)
I wanted to add a note about her technique - In the workouts I have used, there is NO annoying music to grow quickly sick of, NO running or jumping up and down (you’d be amazed at how arm movement can get that ticker pumping) NO free or hand weights required to kick it up a notch, and NO skimpy or thong workout-wear visible. (Sorry if that was going to be your motivation, guys…) It doesn’t require a huge amount of floor space for running or jumping around either.
Here’s the reason I’m going to do this: I figure – what have I got to lose? I’m down 54.5 pounds and know I’m going to finish well – ain no way I’m turning back now – even though you’ve seen me eating dessert or truffles now and then… Again – all things in moderation. I’m going to use these 60 days to do something different. I’ll be cutting out my weight machine workouts at the gym and only doing the T-Tapp workouts and then some time on the elliptical or treadmill after for 20-30 or more minutes. (You could walk outdoors or in a mall if you don’t have access to an elliptical or treadmill. Spring is here and being outside will be pleasant again. This is the weather you’ve been putting your exercise off for!!!) I’ve been going to the gym 4 or 5 days a week and I figure I’ll cut back to 3 or 4 day there instead – doing my T-Tapp in the comfort of my own home.
I’m ordering my workouts later today. I’m getting the Total System DVD which includes Total Workout instructional videos, the 15-minute Basic Plus workout and the Total Workout without the instructions at the regular pace. PLUS the CRT Cellulite Reduction and Skin Tightening System, brush and instructional DVD. I’m anxious to try CRT brushing… they say those that have just had babies or lost a lot of weight notice a difference in sagging skin as well as cellulite removal. I’m hoping it works on those that just had babies 10+ years ago… :0) There are numerous other bonuses that come with this package that I’m not listing. The retail value of this package is $330 – but right now it’s being offered for $145. BUT if you purchase Teresa’s book, Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes, for $16.95 you can utilize the one purchase 30% off coupon and get the works for $126.45 including shipping WHEN YOUR ORDER BY PHONE. You must order by phone to use the coupon instantly. That’s why I have to wait until later today… since it’s too late tonight or early this morning. The company (Better Body Basics) is in Safety Harbor, Florida, so watch for the business hours in the Eastern Daylight time zone.
OK. If you’re still awake… What do you think??? Are you with me??? Don’t make me do this alone – you can DO this! Don’t let the big price tag scare you either – you can get the 15 Minute Basic Plus Workout for $39.95 plus $8 flat shipping. There are other workouts available for a lot less also – I just want the whole kit and caboodle this time. I have many supplemental videotapes and know what I like already. My original workout VHS is worn out too.
So let me know – I want you to be successful and feel better – and FAST :0)
Pray about it and then write, call or comment and tell me you’re climbing aboard my motivation train. I’ll be your biggest cheerleader :0)
Note to self: Now you’ve written all this down and you’re accountable for it… yikes!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Seriously... (typed in my best 'Meredith Grey')
I don't even know how much this outfit was... I just knew that she HAD to have it... I think it must be the cutest one in the last 5 years and 9 months that she's been around... (HOLY CRACKERS!!! 3 months to her birthday... oy...)
Anywho - it's from "Children's Place outlet" and comes in a few different colors. I'm so proud to have added the sweater to the ensem by myself - meaning it wasn't on the mannequin model - AND changed out the displayed pink shirt (slightly off) for the white one. You should know that the shirt has sequins and pearls around the neckline and the skirt is a full circle with a pink crinoline and pink sequins in the middle of some of the daisys.
Oh, that they carried it in my size... (sigh) Several mom's that saw it commented on how cute she looked and wished the same for their size as well. I quickly advised them not to mention it - lest her matching pink and white embroidered headband snap in two.
This photo was taken on the first day of our homeschool Co-Op classes and she's taking "Fitness in the Faith" - thus the dirty sneakers... Before we left that morning, I told her, "be careful... you don't want to hurt someones feelings by being all flitty in your new outfit... How would you feel if you went to a party and everyone had on their princess gowns and you were wearing jeans??"
She replied, "I might feel a little sad..." (accompanied by a hair flip while glancing sideways into the mirror)
Help us all...
Monday, March 17, 2008
If you read them, you need to answer them too! Comment me with a link to your answers :0)
1. If your doctor told you TODAY that you were pregnant, what would you say? "I'd like a second opinion...I'm too busy for another baby!"
2. When was the last time you flew in a plane? MLK Weekend - From San Antonio to DFW to scrap with my Scruds Sharon, Brook and Stacie :0)
3. What did the last text message you sent say? "Wish I could"
4. What features do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Smile, sense of humor & other shallow stuff...
5. What is a goal you would like to accomplish in the near future? Lose the rest of this weight
6. Shoe size? 10 again. Was a little bigger 52 pounds ago...
7. Been to Mexico? Been close...1,500 feet from the border.
8. When is the last time you had a massage? About a month or so ago. Not the fun kind - the therapeutic kind.
9. What was the last TV show you watched? The Office (online)
10. What are your plans for the weekend? Watching Steel Magnolias. (My annual Easter Movie) Serving brunch for the extended fam and kicking back with my babie's daddy.
11. If your significant other asked you to marry them TODAY what would you say? Do you have any kids?
12. What is in the back seat of your car right now? 2 booster seats, a doll, some dirty socks, jumper cables, a cooler bag, crayons, school books and trash.
13. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Sleeping.
14. If you could marry any celebrity today who would it be? I thought I WAS married to a celebrity?? (wonder if he'll read this on his phone... ;0) (editors note: he DID, but couldn't get the phone to let him "comment". I think he's now set my blog as his "home page" :0)
15. Have you ever been to a strip club? No...
16. What is the best ice cream flavor? Publix Premium Mint Chocolate Chip (or B&J Creme Brulee)
17. What is the last sporting event you watched? Wicket. Ever heard of it?
18. Ever go camping? Sure have. I take EVERYTHING with me - heaters, drawers, queen sized bed, carpet, microwave, TV, and that's TENT camping... :0)
19. Last phone call? A wrong number :0)
20. Are you allergic to anything? I think so... I think it's pollen
21. What is one thing you have learned about life recently? Nobody told me we were supposed to learn anything...
22. What do you do at work? EVERYTHING
23. What is your mom's name? Lee (edit: whoops...thought it said "middle" name. Mom is Donna)
24. Ever cried for no reason? Nope. There's always a reason - sometimes that reason is called hormones...
25. Can you do the Crank Dat dance? Nope. No interest... do you know what the lyrics MEAN???
26. What is your favorite color to wear? Pink
27. What is the longest plane ride you have ever been on? From California to Florida
28. What is the longest road trip you have ever taken? Moving from Tennessee to California
29. What are your turn-offs? Perio Breath, BO, Braggers, Negative mopey people that feel sorry for themselves and figure everyone else should too.
30. What was your last alcoholic beverage? Let's go with vanilla coke - there's alcohol in vanilla...
31. What are you craving right now? Seriously? Chocolate... always chocolate...
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Corn, use frozen rinsed in hot water to thaw
- 1 ripe Mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 can Black Olives, drained and cut in half
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped (use amount to your taste)
- 1/2 Orange or Yellow Bell Pepper (orange looks prettier with the yellow mango and corn)
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, rinse and chop fine
- Juice of 1 medium Lime
- 1/2 package of Salad Jazz - Chili Lime seasoning
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Weight wise - I'm not losing any - but still working out. It's time to change up the routine, maybe cut down a bit on the elliptical. I've been doing around 45 minutes to an hour each time - so today I only did 15 and then on to the weights. I'm up to 25 "crunches" (???) on the vertical chair. MAN - is that ever tough! Try it sometime... I can't believe I can do 25 with this body, ravaged by the battle of pregnancy thrice times... I was glad to read that this is one of the most effective exercises, though.
I haven't scrapped much, but yesterday I put together a quick coupon book for my friend Grateful. She's waging her 6th battle right now - which will come to an end on April 3rd by planned section. We gave her a little surprise Baby Shower at the end of our monthly Homeschool Mom's meeting last night. I don't want it to sound like I just did the coupon book at the last second...but, truly I did. (Note to self: this deadline thing is a real issue I need to hand over to the Lord...)
- Watching the other kids while she and hubby went out for a few hours (with the new wee one)
- Home Cooked dinner delivered to their home an hour prior to dinner time
- Three hours of help around the house
- Three hours of watching the kids at their house
- Taxi service and supervision for the other kids on a homeschool field trip
- Playdate for any 3 (of her choice) kids
- Market Trip, just call or email a list for delivery.
- And the most sacrificial gift - a night out with the girls. We are so willing to take one for the team!
- I also had some "blank" coupons where someone could just write on the lines what they wanted to give.
The book itself is really easy. All of the directions for a coupon book are in a previous post here on the blog.
Well. That's my five minutes. In all actuality... it was 85 minutes... So NOW you know why I can't post as often as I'd like too... But I'll try to slip you another one tomorrow... I got lot of pictures I'd like to share with you.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
We'd been dating just short of three months and we were sitting in my parent's driveway "talking" and waiting for my dad to flash the porch lights again... and it went something like this: